- 5th Annual Charity Motorcycle Ride Returns July 7th
- Local Police Association Launches New Community Outreach Program
- Community Policing Grows in Dallas
- The Black Police Association of Greater Dallas Responds to Recent Demotions in Dallas Police Department
In 1975, the founding/charter members of the Texas Peace Officers' Association - Dallas Chapter secretly held its first organizational meeting in the backroom of the Alpha House on Good-Latimer. They had been warned not to form an organization that would openly challenge the Dallas Police Department's race and gender bias policies, duality and disparate treatment of the people of color and women. The Founding Members of the BPA-Dallas are as follows: Calvin Howard (President), Preston Gilstrap (Parliamentarian), Arthur Busby (Sergeant at Arms), George Coleman (Treasurer), Mackeroy Tuck (Advisor), Simon Young (Chaplain), Shirley Gray (Secretary), and Harold Parks (Vice-President).
The Black Police Association of Greater Dallas, POA consists of 650 sworn officers/deputies, who have taken an oath to maintain law and order for our citizens, and represent the finest element of our community. You can be assured that each and every day, we are working diligently to build a safe and prosperous environment for everyone; especially our children. We are proud of the various community, regional, state and national charities who benefit from our support and involvement. We have proudly served the community of Dallas for forty plus years. We are committed to not only the safety of our citizens and business but to providing charitable contributions to those in our community who need our help the most.
The Black Police Association of Greater Dallas is committed to bridging the gap between community and law enforcement. For over 40 years, we have advocated and promoted justice and fairness for our members and the communities we serve.
In The News
- CW33- Fallen Dallas Officers Remembered on 2-year Anniversary of Ambush
- CBS- North Texas Honors the Fallen Officers of the 7/7 Ambush
- CultureMap- Officer Down Motorcycle Ride
- Dallas Morning News- ‘We haven’t forgotten’: Motorcycle Ride Honors Victims of July 7 Ambush
- 1190 AM Talk Radio- Two- Year Anniversary of the 7/7 Dallas Ambush
- Texas Metro News- Charity Motorcycle Ride Returns
- The Culture Supplier - The Black Police Association in Dallas helps grow relationships
- Fort Worth Star Telegram - A hero who always wore a smile: Vigil held for slain Dallas police officer
- Dallas Morning News - About Town: The Black Police Association of Greater Dallas has a new program to help families and individuals learn how to buy a home
- Texas Metro News - Community Policing Grows in Dallas
- Cw33- Black Police Association in Dallas working to mend relationships
- 96.3 KSCS - ‘Weekend of Honor’ Dedicated to Dallas’ Fallen Officers
- WBAP News Talk Radio- Black Police Association of Greater Dallas Proposes Reforms
- NBC DFW - Dallas Black Police Association Joins Police Critics Demanding Reform